case they’re needed.
The most expensive tools aren’t necessary for the home or cottage owner’s toolbox. On the other hand, the cheapest tool out there can cause you more frustration...
remember you get what you pay for...
assortment of drill bits
2. Claw Hammer
3. Pliers - Needle nose pliers for pulling small nails & getting into
- Locking pliers – easy to adjust and good for clamping
- Slip-joint pliers – for grabbing hold of a bolt or a nut
4. Screwdrivers - Robertson #2 (red) and #6 (green)
- Phillips #2 and a stubby Phillips
- Small flat, medium flat and a stubby flat
5. Wrenches - adjustable wrenches, a small one and a large one
- Set of Allen wrenches – for different types of handles
ex. door, shower, faucet
- Pipe wrench – handy for plumbing
6. Utility knife
7. Vice grips
8. Socket set – your set should have a full range of metric and standard
sockets, 2 to 4 extensions and 2 ratchets of different sizes, preferably
in a handy carrying case
9. Crowbar – for prying and lifting things
13. Safety glasses
14. Roll of duct tape – handy for just about anything you need to patch
15. Extension cord.
To print this handy list to get you started on your home or cottage toolbox:
click on: TOP 15 TOOLS FOR YOUR HOME OR COTTAGE TOOLBOX
for a printable, PDF version.